Sunday, September 25, 2005

School Rules. Fair at all?

  1. Click the title if you have yet to figure that out.

  2. Shocking News.

    Old news, but still good news. When I read this particular article, I was especially shocked.

    So the story goes, this kid gets a call from his mom in Iraq, who he probably hasn't seen for at least 4 months. This happened during lunch time, and he goes outside to gain a better reception. A teacher catches him, and attempts to take away the phone. He accidentally turns off the phone, and the kid is sent to the vice principle's office.

    Forgive my profanity.
    wtf?

    The kid receives suspension till the end of the year. I believe this includes him losing credit.

    Forgive my profanity again.
    WHAT THE FUCK?

    Even if this happened during class, and the kid realized it was his mom, the teacher should not have confiscated the cell phone. The kid is under a lot of stress due to the fact that tomorrow his mom might be dead. If I were that kid, I would have punched the teacher. Yes, I do believe in education, but family matters come first.

    Eventually that kid was re-allowed into school on account of a many hate letters, and a bad reputation. But the fact that the school had to wait for the kid to release his story to the press is just...disgusting.

    That is all I have to say. The rest of you can make your own opinions.

1 comment:

Vman said...

we have become way too obessed with rules. it's fucking crazy.